In line with the UK government’s advice about avoiding non-essential travel, and the increased risk of spreading the COVID-19 virus as a result of carrying out such activity, it is with regret that we announce that The Headland and all its facilities has been closed from Sunday 22nd March 2020 and will hopefully reopen on Friday 1st May 2020.
The health and welfare of our guests, visitors, staff and suppliers – as well as that of their friends and family – is of the utmost importance to us as hotel owners. While our team has taken special measures to minimise the risk of COVID-19 spreading to the hotel, continuing to trade in the current circumstances, particularly given the government’s recent advice, would be socially irresponsible.
If you are due to visit during the above closure period we unfortunately have no option but to cancel your break. We are in the process of sending all guests impacted by this situation an email to advise.
What are your options?
Rebook for a future date: We would very much like you to rearrange your break so that we can welcome you back to The Headland when the situation changes. We will be more than happy to move your current booking, with no amendment charge, to any available date until 31st March 2021. If you move your booking to a date with a lower rate than you have already paid, we will refund you the difference. If your booking is moved to a date in this time period where our rates are higher than you have paid, you will need to pay any outstanding difference.
Choose a full refund: Whilst we would like to welcome you all back to The Headland, we understand that moving your holiday dates may not be possible for everyone. In this instance, we are more than willing to offer you a full refund and will waive our usual £35 administration fee. However, if you then choose to rebook at a future date, we cannot guarantee that the price will be the same as you had previously paid.
What you need to do
For us to process this as quickly and efficiently as possible, we ask that you make us aware of which option you prefer by emailing our reservation team on email@example.com. One of our reservations team will then be in touch with you to confirm your choice and to either rearrange your booking or process your refund. As this will be an incredibly busy time for our team, we may take longer than usual to respond, however we will do all we can to ensure that we respond to each guest’s enquiry as quickly as possible. We will prioritise our contact starting with guests with an arrival date of Sunday 22nd March 2020 and will continue to respond in date order.
Our reservations team are currently inundated with calls and we would ask that you wait for us to contact you, rather than calling us directly. If you have any questions, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are booked to stay with us at The Headland in the future and currently not impacted by the closure dates, please do not call our reservations team to allow us to deal with guests with imminent breaks. We are hoping to be open as usual from Friday 1st May 2020 to welcome our guests. However, please keep a close eye on our website as this situation could change.
We recognise that this will be disappointing news and we would like to thank you for your patience, understanding and support in these exceptional circumstances. We can’t wait to welcome you back to The Headland once this all passes.
We would also like to take this opportunity to thank all our staff and suppliers, who have worked tirelessly over the past few weeks to minimise the impact of the virus on the business. We look forward to hopefully welcoming our guests back to The Headland from Friday 1st May 2020.
With our kindest regards, keep safe and stay well
John & Carolyn Armstrong