Spa Pool and Gym
Please take the time to read through our terms and conditions
- Booking conditions
The Headland Spa and Gym is owned by The Headland Hotel Company Limited.
The Leisure Area is open from 07.30 – 22.00. Treatments are available from 9.00 – 20.00.
HOW TO MAKE A BOOKING
Please contact the Spa Reception on 01637 870200. If you would like to know more about a particular treatment we will be delighted to advise you on what best suits your needs. Please note that credit/debit card details will be required to book a treatment. A deposit of 50% will be required for groups of 6 or more.
Day guests will be issued with temporary permits from the Spa Reception; these must then be displayed in the car windscreen. Members will receive permits when joining a membership option. These are only valid for the duration of the membership. If memberships are renewed a new permit will then be issued. Cars are parked at owners’ risk. The permits allow access for a maximum of three hours.
USE OF THE LEISURE AREA
There is a charge of £12.00 for use of The Leisure Area; children under 16 are charged at £6.00 per child, however child swimming times do apply. The facilities do not have a lifeguard and you swim at your own risk. All children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Please contact the Headland Spa for further information and please note that during school holidays the pool will be busy. Unfortunately children are not permitted to use the hot tub, sauna or steam room.
USE OF THE GYM
There is a charge of £12.00 for use of the Gym. On arrival an induction process is required.
Lockers are provided in the changing rooms for the use of members, hotel guests and day spa visitors. Please ensure that all valuables are secured. The Company will not be held responsible for unattended items.
Personal belongings are the responsibility of each member of the party, lockers are provided for your security. The Company accepts no liability for any accident, loss or damage to your property unless such loss is demonstrably due to our negligence. The Company and its employees will not be liable in any way for personal injury to or death, any member or guest, except to the extent that such personal injury or death arises from the wilful act, neglect or default of the Company or any of its employed agents.
By joining or using The Headland Spa, guests/members accept and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions. Anyone failing to observe these terms, conditions and procedures may be required to leave the spa premises or be refused admission and no refunds will be given.
CANCELLATION AND LATE ARRIVALS
Please ensure you arrive in plenty of time before your treatment, a minimum of 10 minutes is recommended. A late arrival may result in the treatment being curtailed or cancelled with the full cost being charged. At least 24 hours’ notice is required if you need to cancel your appointment; failure to do so will result in the full cost of your treatment being charged. For groups of 6 or more, one week notice is required and if we cannot re-let the treatment rooms; the full cost will be charged.
Treatments are available on completion of our health questionnaire. All treatments include a full consultation with the therapist. Please inform us at the time of booking if you have a heart condition, suffer from high/low blood pressure, are pregnant or have any physical ailments or allergies. Prior to using the gym, guests should have an individual consultation with a member of staff and sign a health questionnaire. If you have any concerns please consult your doctor. If you ignore this advice you do so at your own risk.
During pregnancy: For expectant mothers we recommend that you do not use the sauna or the leisure pool. A range of treatments are available for you to enjoy following the first three months of pregnancy and a scan.
When should I arrive? If you have booked a treatment we suggest you arrive at least 10 minutes in advance so you can relax, unwind and have plenty of time to complete a consultation form.
What should I wear? Hotel residents will find a robe and slippers in your hotel room. When moving around The Leisure Area please wear your bathing costume. Slip your robe over your bathing costume and make your way to the Spa Reception. When enjoying a treatment we will protect your modesty and keep you warm. If preferred, disposable underwear is available on request.
The Spa may close for certain periods of time for necessary maintenance, redecoration, special events or for any other reasons that the Company may think necessary. Notice of any changes will be displayed at the Spa Reception. We will do our best to ensure that guests are not inconvenienced; however, there will be no allowance on membership fees during these periods.
Prices of treatments and memberships are correct at time of publication but may change without notice with the exception of confirmed bookings. Confirmed bookings will not alter other than to reflect any changes in tax. Errors and omissions excepted.
General Spa, Gym & Leisure Area Rules
1. Behaviour of day Spa guests and their visitors should not be excessive or rowdy, and must not cause annoyance, distress or embarrassment to fellow guests or staff. Offensive or illegal behaviour will not be tolerated. We reserve the right to recover from the person making the booking discretionary compensation payment, or discount, that we may have to pay to any other guests, as a result of your actions, or a member of your party. This includes damage to the building, fixtures, fittings and flood damage. Failure to comply with any of the booking conditions may result in the party being asked to leave immediately, if in our sole discretion, we feel the conditions have been infringed. No refunds will be made in these instances.
2. The use of mobile phones is not permitted in any part of the Spa, gym, relaxation lounge and public areas.
3. Smoking is not allowed in any part of the Hotel, including the Spa, gym and relaxation lounge.
4. We reserve the right to change or remove any of the treatments without notice, but we will do our best to suggest a suitable alternative.
5. Any of the Spa or duty management team reserve the right to refuse any booking, without a reason necessarily being given.
6. All members are specifically advised not to undertake strenuous physical activity for which they might be medically unfit. The Company will not be in any way responsible for any harm which may come to a member as a result of their undertaking within the Leisure Area, any activity which is beyond their physical capability. Members should not use the facilities while under the influence of alcohol, antihistamines, vasoconstrictors, narcotics or tranquilisers. Those with diabetes, heart disease or high/low blood pressure should check with their doctor that it is safe for them to use the Spa’s facilities.
7. Members should be suitably attired whilst using the facilities. The Company shall not be liable for the consequences of any failure to comply.
8. The use of drinking glasses/crockery is not permitted outside the designated area.
9. In the interest of safety, running, jumping and diving are not permitted in The Leisure Pool. The use of snorkels, wet suits, surf boards, flippers and balls are also prohibited.
10. Dogs are not permitted in the Spa area.
11. The Company reserves the right to restrict the number of guests using the facilities at any one time.
12. Strictly no under 16’s permitted in The Gym.
a. Anyone wishing to become a member of the Spa should complete the official application form, which is available from the Company.
b. On acceptance of an application, the applicant will be provided with a membership card which will remain the property of the Company and upon termination of membership for whatever reason will be returnable to the Company on demand. There will be surcharge of £15 to replace any lost membership cards and for those not returned upon the membership termination.
c. Membership is non-transferable and non-refundable.
a. The Membership year will run on a month by month basis.
b. Annual subscriptions shall be such amounts as the Company in their sole discretion may determine from time to time.
c. Membership fees shall be paid either in full or by standing order on a basis of equal monthly payments which will be debited from the member’s bank account on the 1st of every month. The member must then contact their bank to cancel the standing order when the contracted period comes to an end.
d. Joint membership discount applies to two memberships of the same level being taken up.
a. Members who sign up for a minimum of 6 months are entitled to bring 6 guests within each membership year. Guest passes will not be rolled over; any passes not used will expire at the end of the membership year. There is no monetary value to these passes. Please remember that if a guest wishes to use the gym, they must have an induction. Guests must mimic the member’s membership allowances i.e. guests of a swim only member can only use the leisure pool. Only one guest pass is permitted per month.
b. Members are only permitted to bring children during children’s swimming times between the hours: 7:30 – 11:00 and 15:00 – 18:00. During school holidays and bank holiday weekends we welcome children at any time. A telephone call prior to attending is advised to reduce the risk of overcrowding. Parents are asked to control the behaviour of their children at all times and they must be in the pool area with them.
TERMINATION OF MEMBERSHIP
a. If you wish to terminate your membership you should do so in writing and are required to give one month’s notice. No refunds whatsoever will be given by The Spa.
b. If the Company feels at any time that the terms have been violated the Company reserves the right to terminate the membership.