Please take the time to read through our terms and conditions
- BOOKING CONDITIONS
1. A deposit of one third of the total cost is required to confirm a reservation and by paying this you are entering into a contract and accepting our booking conditions. The person making the booking must be over 21 years of age and has the authority and responsibility to accept all the conditions on behalf of all the party members.
2. Payment of the balance of the total cost of the holiday is due two calendar months before the date of commencement of the booking, or in full at the time of making the reservation if within two months of the holiday. This balance will be taken from the credit/debit card supplied, no reminder will be sent. Failure to comply will result in the cancellation of the holiday and forfeiture of the deposit and payment of full cancellation charges.
3. On arrival a pre-authorisation of your credit card, of not less than £50 per day, will be required to cover extras, and any outstanding charges on departure will be debited. An inventory deposit of £150 will be taken and this will be held against damage, losses and excessive final cleaning. Your liability is not limited to £150.
4. Your property will be ready for you after 4pm and guests arriving earlier are welcome to have lunch in the hotel and use the facilities. Cottages can be booked the night before at an extra charge to guarantee an early check in. On departure day, the cottage must be vacated by 10am, otherwise a late charge will be taken. However, by written agreement and subject to availability, a late check out may be arranged for an extra charge, near the
time of the holiday.
5. Cancellations must be received in writing and will result in liability for the total cost if the cottage is not fully re-let. If the cottage is fully re-let the deposit/ payment can be transferred to another booking or returned. A cancellation fee from £35 per cottage will be deducted. The change of date, or a shortening of a booking, will be deemed a cancellation. Holiday insurance is very strongly recommended. Small changes to minor details of confirmed reservations will incur an administration cost of not less than £10 per booking.
6. Several cottages have space for an extra pull out bed (apartments don’t) and the cost for an extra guest is £20 per night. Unless agreed in writing the number of persons in a three bedroom cottage shall not exceed six, in a two bedroom cottage shall not exceed four, and in a one bedroom apartment shall not exceed two.
7. Reasonable access to the properties by representatives of the hotel must be allowed at all times.
8. Behaviour of guests and visitors should not be excessive or rowdy, especially at night. Offensive or illegal behaviour will not be tolerated. You must show consideration to us, your neighbours and other guests. We reserve the right to recover from the person making the booking any discretionary compensation payment, or discount, we may have to pay to any other guests, as a result of your actions, or a member of your party, or of visiting friends.
9. Failure to comply with any of the booking conditions may result in the party being asked to leave immediately, if in our sole discretion, we feel the conditions have been infringed. No refunds will be given in these circumstances.
10. Improvements, maintenance and changes to the facilities in the hotel, the grounds, and the cottages take place throughout the year. We will always do our best to ensure guests are not inconvenienced. No compensation will be paid if a facility is not available, but we will do our best to provide a suitable alternative. During quieter periods only one restaurant may be open in the evenings.
11. Liability; personal belongings are the responsibility of each member of the party. Items of value can be left in the hotel night safe. We accept no liability whatsoever for any accident, loss or damage to your property, unless such loss etc is demonstrably due to our negligence. We cannot be held responsible for the failure of public services (eg water, gas, electricity etc) or any disturbance which is beyond our control. In all cases, except personal injury, or death, our liability to you for the total of all claims arising out of your holiday with us is limited to the cost of the booking.
12. There is a smoking ban in all cottages and a deep cleaning charge of £75 per room will be made if this ban is ignored. If the next occupant refuses to accept the cottage then you will be liable for the cost of the alternative accommodation.
13. Safety of the children; the site is right beside the sea and children must be supervised at all times. The decks are not fenced.
14. Cars are parked at owners’ risk.
15. Please bring your own towels for the beach and outdoor swimming pool.
16. The Wellness Area is for adults only in the evenings. We reserve the right to restrict children’s swimming from time to time.
17. Please note, staying in a cottage over Christmas and New Year does not automatically entitle you a table for dinner on any given evening. We strongly suggest that all dinner reservations over the Christmas/New Year’s Eve period should be pre-booked to avoid disappointment. The hotel is not accessible after 7pm on New Year’s Eve unless a table has been booked for the black tie dinner.
18. Headland Escapes and special offers; these cannot be used in conjunction with each other and are always subject to availability and may be withdrawn without notice at any time. If the conditions are not fully met, then the standard tariff will apply. See the website for details of all offers, and additional information, which will be updated throughout the year.
19. During the next five years we are undertaking a wonderful renovation project within the hotel and grounds. From time to time the cottage car park and some of the indoor children’s facilities may not be available. We will always try to keep noise and disturbance to be to a minimum, but alas it is sometimes unavoidable if we are to achieve our goal of creating a superb destination for all our guests. No refunds will be given under these grounds. You are strongly advised to view the website for information on what is taking place during your stay.
20. Prices are correct at the time of publication but may change without notice with the exception of confirmed bookings. Confirmed bookings will not alter other than to reflect any changes in tax. E & OE.
21. We reserve the right to refuse any booking.